Saturday, December 27, 2008

bloGggggG

Hey Everyone! This is the first entry of CSA's new political and educational blog. You probably have a plethora of questions, so here are the answers!


1. What is this blog?!

This is CSA’s way of keeping you all informed about news impacting Chinese and Chinese Americans. I try to keep up with the news everyday and this is our way of trying to keep you all up-to-date as well. As the Chinese Students’ Association, it is important for us to not only provide a welcoming social network for our members, but also to educate them on issues that pertain to the Chinese and the Chinese American community.

It is also my way of staying in touch with the CSA community at BC while I am studying abroad in Paris this spring!


2. How do I know that the facts you are presenting are legit?

Well, you are first going to have to trust me. Secondly, I am going to try my best to gather information from a variety of sources (various websites, parents who read the paper, intelligent peers, knowledgeable professors!) and be as factually accurate as I can be. I also took the Asian American Identity and Experience class with Professor Liem, which provides a wealth of information concerning identity formation and Asian American history.

3. How often will you be updating the blog?

I will be updating as often as I feel necessary, particularly when there is big news. Don’t worry, you guys will get an email every time a new entry comes up!

4. Why should I, as a dedicated CSA member, make comments?

For a few reasons. I am only human and could inadvertently mess up a few facts, so let me know! Also, you may agree/disagree with some of my views. I want to hear it. And finally, the issue may incite you to share your thoughts with me/other CSA members.

5. You didn’t answer my question.

Email me! chenbt@bc.edu.


Topics I am excited to write about:

- Reconstruction efforts after the Sichuan earthquake
- Boston Chinatown
-Paris Chinatown (there are TWO in Paris)
- How did the Chinese even get to America?!
-China’s efforts to keep the economic crisis at bay
-Issues dealing with Asian American identity formation
- My opinion of Chinese-Parisians…if there are any?

0 Comments: